The Lord-Lieutenant would like to congratulate all those who have received honours in Her Majesty The Queen’s 2018 New Year Honours.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Mr Howard RIDDLE (Bethersden). Lately, Chief Magistrate for England and Wales. For Services to the Administration of Justice.
- Mr David STEPHENS (Tunbridge Wells). Director of Resources (Army), HM Armed Forces, Ministry of Defence. For Services to Defence.
- Ms Sarah ALEXANDER (Tunbridge Wells). Chief Executive and Artistic Director, National Youth Orchestra. For Services to Music.
- Mr Nicholas DRINKAL (Dover). Deputy Director, Border Force, Home Office. For Services to Border Security in Calais and Dunkirk.
- Mr Ian EDWARDS (Brenchley). Executive Vice President, Spectrum Geo. For Services to the UK Oil and Gas Exploration Industry.
- Mr Jospeh HOLNESS QPM (Folkestone). Lately, Inspector, Kent Police. For Services to Policing and the National Police Memorial Day.
- Mr Ralph HOULT (Ramsgate). For Services to the Community in Ramsgate.
- Ms Stephanie KARPETAS (Folkestone). Founder and Director, Sustainability Connections CIC and Director, Orchard Community Energy. For Services to the Community in East Kent.
- Ms Samenua SESHER (Folkestone). Coach and Culture Management Consultant. For Services to Art.
- Mr Robert BAGLEY (Canterbury). For Services to Disadvantaged Children and the Community in Canterbury.
- Ms Karyn DUNNING (Deal). Head of Detained Casework, Immigration Enforcement, Home Office. For Services to Asylum and Humanitarian Operations.
- Mrs Carolyn MCVITTIE (Ashford). Managing Director, Stepahead. For Services to Children and Families.
- Mrs Sandra BOOER (Dartford). For Services to Music and the Community in Dartford.
- Mrs Wendy DAWS (Rochester). For voluntary service to Visually Impaired People in North Kent.
- Mrs Anne FORBES (Ashford). Refugee Resettlement Co-ordinator, Ashford Borough Council. For Services to the Resettlement of Syrian Refugees in the UK.
- Dr Norman W F B HILL (Hythe). For Services to Music in Kent.
- Mrs Alison REYNOLDS (Faversham). For Services to Community Sport in Kent.
- Mr John THOMPSON (Dover). Administration Officer, Detection Technology Management Unit, Border Force South and Europe, Home Office. For Services to Border Security.