The Lord-Lieutenant would like to congratulate all those who have received honours in Her Majesty The Queen’s New Year’s Honours 2016.
Knights Batchelor (Kt)
- Mr William FITTALL (Saltwood). For Services to the Church of England.
- Mr Michael UREN OBE (Tenterden). For Philanthropic Service.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
Dames Commander (DBE)
- Ms Heather RABBATTS CBE (Lower Hardres). For Public Service and Services to Football and Equality.
- Ms Jill TOOKEY MBE (Westerham). Founder and Artistic Director, National Youth Ballet of Great Britain. For Services to Dance and Young People.
- Mrs Pim BAXTER (Faversham). Deputy Director, National Portrait Gallery. For Services to the Arts.
- Mr William BELL (Sevenoaks). Head of Child Protection, Save the Childrren UK. For Humanitarian Services to Children.
- Ms Hannah CARMICHAEL (Canterbury). Trustee, Depaul UK. For Services to Homeless and Vulnerable Young People.
- Cllr Peter FLEMING (Sevenoaks). Leader Sevenoaks District Council and lately Chairman, Improvement and Innovation Board, Local Government Association. For Services to Local Government.
- Mr Philip MASON (Gillingham). Senior Anti-Corruption Advisor, Department for International Development. For Services to International Anti-Corruption Policy.
- Mr Gerard MCQUILLAN MBE (Deal). Lately Senior Advisor, Acquisitions, Exports, Loans and Collections, Acceptance in Lieu Scheme, Arts Council England. For Services to Public Arts Collections.
- Mr Kevin MURPHY (Canterbury). Lately Chair, Excel London. For Services to Business Tourism.
- Mrs Susannah SCHOFIELD (Sevenoaks). For Services to Small Businesses, Young People and Women in Business.
- Ms Venessa WILLMS (Maidstone). Director of Primary Education, ARK Schools. For Services to Education.
- Mrs Kim ARROWSMITH (Sheerness). Manager, Matchbox Day Nursery, Tower Hamlets. For Services to Children and Families.
- Mr George BATTS (Maidstone). National Secretary and Treasurer, Normandy Veterans Association. For Voluntary Service to Veterans.
- Mrs Dolores BRAY-ASH (Sevenoaks). Chair, Early Years Network Tower Hamlets and Vice-Chair of Governors, Charles Darwin School, Bromley. For Services to Children and Families.
- Mrs Hilary DOBBIE (Tunbridge Wells). Lately Principal, Moor House School and College, Oxted, Surrey. For Services to Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Mr Christopher HUTTON (Hawkhurst). Chief Financial Officer, City of London Academies and Facilitator, Academy Finance Directors’ Forum. For Services to Education.
- Mr Austen MARSH (Deal). Executive Officer, Coquelles Freight, Border Force, Home Office. For Services to Border Security.
- Mr Douglas MOUTRIE (Gillingham). For Services to People with Disabilities in Kent.
- Mr Frederick WOOD-BRIGNALL (Romney Marsh). For Services to the Community in Lydd and Romney Marsh, Kent.
- Mrs Valerie BLAKE (Bexley). For Services to the Arrow Riding Centre for the Disabled in Dartford, Kent.
- Mrs Joan BULLER (Tonbridge). For Services to the Community in Staplehurst, Kent.
- Mr Nick DERMOTT (Margate). For Services to Heritage and Conservation in Thanet.
- Mrs Ann FOAT (Canterbury). Chair, Ash Heritage Group. For Services to the Community in Ash, Kent.
- Mr John HEUERMAN (Dartford). Ambassador, Bobby Moore Fund. For Services to Cancer Research.
- Mrs Vanessa JONES. (Kent). Chair, Bredhurst Parish Council and Bredhurst Woodland Action Group. For Services to Woodland Management and the Community in Kent.
- Dr Ashley LUPIN (Canterbury). For Humanitarian Services to Medical Training in Uganda.
- Mrs Mary MATTHEWS (Dartford). For Services to Young People through the Girls’ Brigade in Hextable, Kent.
- Mr Sean MCCARTHY (Dartford). For Voluntary Service to the Poppy Appeal in London.
- Mr Alan ROWE (Gravesend). For Services to the Community in Cobham, Kent through the Parish Council.
- Mr Richard TYLER (Dartford). Lead Service Manager, Event First Aid and Emergency Response. For Services to the British Red Cross in Kent and Sussex.
- Mr Craig VIDLER (Maidstone). For Services to Charities.
- Mr Christopher WEST (Dartford). Manager and Chair, Disability Network Advisory Group, National Crime Agency. For Services to Equality and Diversity Issues.