How The Lieutenancy Can Help You
How the Lieutenancy Can Help
- Where appropriate, suggesting that a visit to the organisation might be included in the programme of a visiting member of the Royal Family.
- Arranging for a Deputy Lieutenant to visit, suitably badged and identifiable, to acknowledge the work going on and provide feedback to the Lord Lieutenant.
- Advising on procedure for The King’s Award for Voluntary Service.
- Advising on how any member of the public can nominate a key player for an honour, and supporting the honours nomination when referred back to the Lord Lieutenant for comment.
- Celebrating and encouraging volunteering.
- Supporting youth organisations.
- Supporting youth employment initiatives.
- Attending citizenship ceremonies.
- Demonstrating our support for Regular and Reserve Forces, together with Cadets.
School Talks on the Lieutenancy
Any Primary School in Kent or Medway, either in the public or private sector, which would like to have a presentation on the Lieutenancy in Kent and the Monarchy is warmly invited to contact the Lieutenancy Office using the contact information below.
The presentation (lasting approximately thirty minutes) will be made by one of the Deputy Lieutenants and includes historical and contemporary material and photographs.
Talks intended for Secondary Schools pupils can be given by special request.
Get In Touch
Joanne Holmes, Sessions House,
County Hall, Maidstone,
Kent, ME14 1XQ