The Queen’s Birthday Honours 2020 were announced on Saturday 10 October and Kent has a huge number of recipients. The list includes, Paul Carter who receives a Knighthood for his work with the County Councils Network and his time as Leader of Kent County Council. One of our Deputy Lieutenants, Geraldine Allinson has been awarded an OBE for Services to local media in Kent. Susan Fawcus has received an MBE for Services to Refugees and Julie Barry has received a BEM for her Services to the community during the Covid-19 crisis. We are so proud of everyone in Kent who has received an Award in this year’s list and would like to congratulate them all. More information on Kent’s recipients can be found at Kent Online and the full list of Kent recipients is below.
- Paul CARTER. Lately Chairman, County Councils Network and Lately Leader, Kent County Council. For Services to Local Government.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Amelia FLETCHER. Lately Non-Executive Board Member, Financial Conduct Authority and Payment Systems Regulator. For Services to the Economy.
- Nikki KING. Lately Chair, Greenacre Academy Trust. For Services to Education.
- Theresa OJO. Chief Executive, The Diana Award. For Services to Young People.
- Geraldine ALLINSON. For Services to Local Media in Kent.
- Adrienne CHERRYWOOD. Founder and Headteacher, Cressey College, Croydon. For Services to Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Colin FLACK. Lately Chair, Rail Alliance. For Services to the Rail Supply Industry.
- Graham RALPH. Lately District Operations Manager, Work and Health Directorate, Department for Work and Pensions. For Public Service.
- Dr Gideon RUBIN. Assistant Director, Health Protection Research Unit for Emergency Preparedness and Response, King’s College London. For Services to Public Health particularly during Covid-19.
- David SMITH. Deputy Director, Border Force, Home Office. For Services to EU Exit Preparation and Border Security.
- Ian YARNOLD. Head, International Vehicle Standards, Department for Transport. For Services to Transport and Engineering.
- Robin APPS. For Services to the community in Tunbridge Wells.
- Tina BUTLER. Head of Commercial and Procurement, Kent Fire and Rescue Service. For Services to the Covid-19 response.
- Graham ELTON. Senior Partner, Bain and Co. For Services to the Economy.
- Ijeoma EZEILO. Telecommunications, Sky UK. For Services to the Telecommunications Industry during Covid-19.
- Susan FAWCUS. Regional Resettlement Co-ordinator, South East Strategic Partnership for Migration. For Services to Refugees.
- Dr Hilary JONES. For Services to Broadcasting, Public Health Information and Charity.
- Anthony LARSEN. For Services to Operational Law Enforcement during Covid-19.
- Margaret LAWRENCE. Head, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester. For Services to Pharmaceutical Research.
- Graeme LAWRIE. Partnership Director, ACS International Schools. For Services to Education particularly during Covid-19.
- Sharon MEDHURST. For Services to the community in Edenbridge.
- Rosalind READ-LEAH. Founder, Domestic Abuse Charter, Department for Transport. For services to Civil Servants experiencing Domestic Abuse.
- Vivienne UPFOLD. Foster Carer, Barnardo’s. For Services to Children and Families in South East England.
- Julie BARRY. For Services to the community in Edenbridge during Covid-19.
- Alan CLARKE. Founder, The Alchemy Charitable Trust. For Services to Charity in Sussex and West Kent.
- Valerie DYKE. For Services to the community in New Ash Green.
- Jill EYRE. For Services to the community in Edenbridge.
- Ann HANNAH. Rapid Response Laboratory and Cellular Pathology Operations Manager, Health Services Laboratory. For Services to Healthcare during Covid-19.
- Dr Wendy MADGWICK. For Charitable Services in Deal.
- Cleo SMITH. Chief Officer, Age UK Hythe and Lyminge. For Services to the community during Covid-19.
- Jean SOWTEN. Manager, Sevenoaks Day Nursery. For Services to Education.
- Nicholas TANNER. Lately Lead Nurse for Homelessness, Medway Community Healthcare. For Services to Homeless People in London and Medway.
- Martin TAPP. For Services to Flood Risk Management in Kent.
- Maciel VINAGRE. Assistant Manager Hotel Services, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. For Services to the NHS during Covid-19.
- Jason WENLOCK. Chief Inspector, Kent Police. For Services to Policing and Young People.
The Queen’s Police Medal
- Anthony BLAKER, Deputy Chief Constable, Kent Police
The Queen’s Fire Service Medal
- Sean BONE-KNELL, Former Kent Fire and Rescue Service Director of Operations.