We would like to congratulate all the Kent residents who have received an Honour in the New Years Honours List for 2023. They are all absolutely exceptional and contribute so much to the County, and to the Country, The impact they have on their communities and the work they do is outstanding and we are very grateful to have such remarkable individuals in Kent. We are particularly pleased to see one of our Deputy Lieutenants, Mrs Nadra Ahmed, receive a CBE for Services to Social Care, extremely well deserved! The full New Years Honours List for Kent is below.
• Mr Ian BAUCKHAM CBE. Chair, Ofqual. For Services to Education
Companions of the Order of the Bath
• Catherine LITTLE. Lately Director General, Public Spending, HM Treasury. For Public Service.
Order of the British Empire
• Mrs Nadra AHMED OBE DL. Executive Chair, National Care Association. For Services to Social Care
• Ms Lea Sarah TRUSSLER. Lately, Executive Director, People and Culture, Bank of England. For Services to the Economy
• Professor William D J ABRAMS. Professor of Social Psychology, University of Kent. For Services to the Social Sciences.
• Mr Jocelyn H CROFT. Chief Executive Officer, UKinbound. For Services to the Tourism Industry
• Dr Rosemary C GREEN. Lately, Chief Medical Officer, Macmillan. For Services to people with Cancer
• Dr Vivian I HINCHCLIFFE. Chair and Managing Trustee, St Jude Foundation. For Services to Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs
• Mrs Paula J HUDGELL. Foster Carer, Kent County Council. For Services to Children
• Miss Karen JOY. Head Teacher, Abbey Court Community Special Foundation School. For Services to Children and Young People with Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
• Miss Ann MILLINGTON QFSM. Chief Executive, Kent Fire and Rescue Service. For Services to Fire and Rescue
• Dr Jeffery QUAYE. National Director of Education and Standards, Aspirations Academies Trust. For Services to Education
• Mr Denis BROPHY. Lifeboat Operations Manager, Walmer Lifeboat Station, RNLI. For Services to Maritime Safety
• Mrs Deborah J GREAVES. Curator, Tenterden and District Museum. For Services to the community in Tenterden
• Mr David R LOCKYER. Legal Advisor, Westminster Magistrates Court, HM Courts and Tribunal Service. For Public and Voluntary Service
• Ms Anisah OSMAN BRITTON. Founder, 23 Code Street. For Services to Diversity in the Technology Sector
• Dr Sian THOMAS. Chief Data Officer, Department for International Trade. For Public Service
• Mr John WOODNUTT. Founder, Delmatic Lighting Control. For Services to Business and to Entrepreneurship
• Mr Ian M BEAZLEY. Lately Senior Officer, Fraud Investigation Service, HM Revenue and Customs. For Services to Asset Recovery
• Mrs Carol M DAVIS. For Services to the Community in Herne and Broomfield
• Mr Christopher G GOODWIN. Founder and Group Scout Leader, 2nd Deal Sea Scouts Cub Pack. For Services to Scouting, Young People and to Charity in Kent
• Mr Derek J HODGE. For Services to Association Football, Charity and to the Community in Sevenoaks and Kent
• Miss April J HOMER. For Services to the community in Snodland during Covid-19
• Mrs Anne LEESE. Deputy Chief Executive Officer, EKC Group. For Services to Education and to the community in East Kent
• Mr Geoffrey A J LYMER. For Services to the community in Dover.
• Mr Mark C H MOUNTJOY. For Services to the community in Westerham
• Mrs Joan RHODES. For Services to the community in Kent during Covid-19
• Dr Patricia K VELLA-BURROWS. Co-Director and Director of Training, Music4Wellbeing. For Services to Wellbeing
• Mr Stephen A WINDSOR. Lately Border Force Office, Home Office. For Public Service