Kent’s New Year Honours have been announced and we are extremely proud of everyone who has received an Honour in this year’s list. We are very fortunate to have so many exceptional people in the County and we would like to wish every recipient many congratulations. Kent Online has the full story with more details on the recipients. The full list for Kent is below.
- Dr Stephen DEUCHAR. Lately Director, Art Fund. For Services to Art.
- Mr Peter WANLESS. Chief Executive Officer, NSPCC. For Services to Children, to Young People and to the Charitable Sector.
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Mr Anthony BROWNE. Children’s Author and Illustrator. For Services to Literature.
- Mrs Sonia FLYNN. Chief Probation Officer, National Probation Service. For Public Service.
- Mr Christopher WOOLARD. Lately Interim Chief Executive, Financial Conduct Authority. For Services to Financial Regulation and Financial Technology Innovation.
- Ms Vivienne ARTZ. Chief Privacy Officer, Refinitiv and President, Women in Banking and Finance. For Services to Financial Services and to Gender Diversity.
- Dr Malcolm BUTLER. Chair, UK Onshore Geophysical Library. For Services to Education, to Research and to Development.
- Mr Mark CHEESEMAN. Deputy Director, Public Sector Fraud, Cabinet Office. For Public Service.
- Mrs Barbara COLLINS. Head, Women in Leadership, Government Equalities Office. For Services to Gender Equality.
- Mr Tanjit DOSANJH. Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Prison Opticians Trust. For Services to Optometry in Prisons and Reducing Re-Offending.
- Dr Stuart HOPPS. Choreographer. For Services to Dance.
- David NIGHTINGALE. Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Kent. For Services to Higher Education.
- Mrs Tracey REED. Lately Director, Historic Properties, English Heritage. For Services to Cultural Heritage.
- Mr Matthew STUTELY. Director of Software Engineering, Parliamentary Digital Service. For Services to Parliament during Covid-19.
- Ms Claudia SYKES. Chief Executive Officer, Social Enterprise Kent and All Seasons Community Support. For Services to Social Enterprise and to the Social Care Sector.
- Mr Kevin AITCHISON. For Services to Wheelchair Rugby and to People with Disabilities.
- Mrs Alison BAILEY CASTELLINA. Technical Standards Lead, Heat Networks, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. For Services to Consumer Protection and to Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ms Laura BOUNDS. Managing Director, Kent Crisps. For Services to International Trade.
- Ms Eleanor CONSTANTINE. Director, Arts Council Collection. For Services to the Arts.
- Mrs Bethan EATON-HASKINS. Director, Quality and Chief Nurse, South East Coast Ambulance Service. For Services to Nursing, particularly during Covid-19.
- Mr Gary NEEVE. Officer, Border Force, Home Office. For Services to Border Security.
- Mrs Eunice NORMAN. For Services to the community in Gillingham, Kent.
- Mrs Justine NORRIS. Community Mental Health Occupational Therapist, Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust. For Services to the NHS during Covid-19.
- Mr David PEARSON. Lately Trustee and Company Secretary and Founder, Thirtyone:eight. For Services to Safeguarding the Vulnerable.
- Mr Martin PILGRIM. Trustee and Treasurer, Young Women’s Trust. For Services to Disadvantaged Children and Young People.
- Mr Colin SMITH. For Services to Charitable Fundraising in Dover, Kent.
- Mr Alexander TAYLOR. Assistant Director, Readiness and Response, Civil Contingencies Secretariat, Cabinet Office. For Public Service.
- Mr Harry AQUILINA. Firefighter, London Fire Brigade. For Services to the Community in London during the Covid-19 Response.
- Mrs Ann BALL. For Services to the Community in Shoreham, Kent.
- Mr Richard CARLEY. For Services to the Community in Woodchurch, Kent.
- Mr Alan EMBY. For Services to the Community in Broadstairs, Kent
- Mr Neil FERRIES. For Services to the Community in Wakefield, West Yorkshire during the Covid-19 response.
- Dr Aminur RAHMAN. Chair, Kent Area Committee, Institution of Mechanical Engineers. For Services to Education.
- Ms Margaret RUSSELL. For Services to the Community in Rochester, Kent.